Top 10 Skills That Pay for Operations Research Analysts
Knowing which skill sets are most valuable to a role can assist in both comp managers pricing employees and job seekers understanding their value. Having those skill sets can also greatly impact your compensation. The following ten skill sets can greatly increase the potential of an Operations Research Analyst’s salary being aligned with SalaryExpert’s salary data.
1. Business Intelligence – 9% Comprises the strategies and technologies used by enterprises for the data analysis of business information and provides historical, current, and predictive views of business operations.
2. Project Management- 9% The application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities in order to meet the project requirements and in planning, control, monitoring, and reviewing projects.
3. C#- 5% A general-purpose, multi-paradigm programming language encompassing strong typing, lexically scoped, imperative, declarative, functional, generic, object-oriented (class-based), and component-oriented programming disciplines.
4. Windows Server- 5% A software that allows users to create multiple virtual environments, or virtual computer systems, on a single computer or server. Useful for setting up multiple server systems without having to purchase separate hardware for each of them.
5. Unix- 5% A powerful, multi-user, multi-tasking, and extremely stable 32-bit computer operating system and the platform on which the Internet was built and continues to work. Written in C language, Unix comes with built-in TCP/IP protocols and can run on practically all types of computers from mainframes to desktops and handheld computers.
6. Strategic Planning- 5% The process of defining a strategy, or direction, and making decisions on allocating resources to pursue this strategy. It may also extend to control mechanisms for guiding the implementation of the strategy.
7. MATLAB- 4% A multi-paradigm numerical computing environment and proprietary programming language that allows matrix manipulations, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs written in other languages.
8. Financial Analysis- 4% Assessment of the viability, stability, and profitability of a business, sub-business, or project.
9. Predictive Analytics- 4% A variety of statistical techniques, including data mining, predictive modelling, and machine learning, that analyzes current and historical facts to make predictions about future or otherwise unknown events.
10. Data Analysis- 4% The process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data with the goals of discovering useful information, informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making.